Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 06-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #11
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
No credits at your personal site/page?
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Sounds great. Is the intro a clip from that movie with the Karate Kid guy where he gets into a guitar duel with Steve Vai?
Yes it is! I provided a link to the YouTube clip I used in the credits.

I hope I didn't step on any toes by posting the one I mixed (*cough*Aly*cough*). My apologies if I did. The tracks didn't seem like they were lined up. Not sure what happened on your end, but I'll help anyway I can to get it sorted. Maybe my ears are just used hearing what I did on my side here. *shrug*

Either way, this was a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone who had a part. Also, this was my first try at writing lyrics for a song.

...and thank you to the listeners/comments.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #12
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Love it! Great job all, The intro is perfect, the lyrics and vocal performance really fit nicely, great solos.

I did feel there was one more little thing missing, I added it at the bridge. It may be too cliche' but I couldn't help myself.

Track removed.

Last edited by classicrock; 06-09-2016 at 03:56 PM.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

That does sound great. Really nice job.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #14
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Fixed.

Yes it is! I provided a link to the YouTube clip I used in the credits.

I hope I didn't step on any toes by posting the one I mixed (*cough*Aly*cough*). My apologies if I did. The tracks didn't seem like they were lined up. Not sure what happened on your end, but I'll help anyway I can to get it sorted. Maybe my ears are just used hearing what I did on my side here. *shrug*

Either way, this was a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone who had a part. Also, this was my first try at writing lyrics for a song.

...and thank you to the listeners/comments.

I was not going to say anything or start a bunch of drama, but since you brought it up.....run for cover!!!!!

First, you need to edit your credits because my rhythm track (strings) was not included & I did none of the mixing on your preferred version.

Not only did you step on my toes but you cut me completely out of the finished project. I have a major case of butt hurt going on here Oh well, I'll get over it.

I did not approach the mixing aspect of this project lightly, I spent an hour on the telephone being tutored by a gracious & fellow forum member on mixing to make sure it turned out well. It may not be up to your standards, but keep in mind this was my first real attempt at mixing.
Aly
Old 06-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #15
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I was not going to say anything or start a bunch of drama, but since you brought it up.....run for cover!!!!!

First, you need to edit your credits because my rhythm track (strings) was not included & I did none of the mixing on your preferred version.

Not only did you step on my toes but you cut me completely out of the finished project. I have a major case of butt hurt going on here Oh well, I'll get over it.

I did not approach the mixing aspect of this project lightly, I spent an hour on the telephone being tutored by a gracious & fellow forum member on mixing to make sure it turned out well. It may not be up to your standards, but keep in mind this was my first real attempt at mixing.
Aly
Ok. I'm duckin and covering.

Post yours back up. I have no problem with that. I'm very, truly sorry for all of this.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #16
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Maybe later, I'm too busy sulking right now
Aly
Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #17
Plankton
Chum

I'm really very sorry, Aly. I can get a bit obsessive.

Man, I can't stand my vocals. Just terrible.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #18
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Stop apologizing Plankton. We are good!
Your vocals are fine, better than fine actually!
I am going to play around & see if I can resolve these timing issues & then post.
ALy
Old 06-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #19
Plankton
Chum

...but, I made you mad. I need to be punished.

I liked CR's thunder idea, btw. I have something similar uploaded in the box if you'd like to throw it in the mix.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:11 AM   #20
Plankton
Chum

...please stand by for a reboot...