Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 01-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #11
Fletcher_DD-537

Fletcher_DD-537 Just getting started

@GarethB

The Bassbreaker actually has a ground lift switch on it. Would that help, or is that something totally different?

Thanks for the detailed reply!!
Fletcher_DD-537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:34 AM   #12
GarethB

GarethB Just getting started

I can't be 100% certain, so take what I am saying with some caution.

A check of an online version of the Bassbreaker 15 manual shows the ground lift button next to an XLR line out socket on the amp. That XLR socket would normally be used in two ways, to connect to a PA system at a gig, or connecting to a recording system.

If the PA or recording system has it's own ground connection, a ground loop can be created through the ground wire of the XLR connection (via the amp's own ground connection at it's power outlet and through the PA/recording system's ground connection, if it has one). The ground lift button isolates the ground wire of the XLR socket, breaking the ground loop which may occour between the amp's ground and the PA/recording system's ground.

I would expect that the ground lift button only isolates the ground wire of the XLR connection. Connecting the Bassbreaker amp to another grounded device (amp or mixer) through a different connection might create a ground loop which the ground lift button on the Bassbreaker cannot isolate. On the other hand, the ground lift button on the Bassbreaker might isolate ground connections which may occour through other connections to the amp, but I cannot be 100% certain of that.

Since both your amps are Fender products, you could email Fender customer support and ask them about it yourself. You could also explain the problem with your Mustang to Fender and see if it is a known fault with a known fix/solution.
https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/...umer-Relations
GarethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:37 AM   #13
Fletcher_DD-537

Fletcher_DD-537 Just getting started

Ya know, I really should have thought of that... lol.

Just sent them an e-mail!
Fletcher_DD-537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:11 PM   #14
jtees4

jtees4 has disabled reputation

I would think the first thing to try would be to reset the amp to factory specs, after all it is as much a computer as an amp....OK maybe not, but you get my point. Works for my computer, my tv (did it this morning) and a bunch of other things as well. I love my Mustang III V1 and luckily have never had any issue with it. Good luck.
jtees4 is offline   Reply With Quote