Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 11-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
Spoons

Spoons Just getting started
Default I found an eighth of mj

IN the parking lot at a local supermarket.

Holy shit.

totally metal
Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
Lefty Louie

Lefty Louie Just getting started

I'd have left it right where I found it, never know what it might be laced with.
Lefty Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
Spoons

Spoons Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Louie View Post
I'd have left it right where I found it, never know what it might be laced with.
There is a way to know, and that's trying it, which I did. I'm not dead and I haven't gone crazy, seems to be normal weed.

But uh, I get why people would be scared to do what I did. I am kind of three sheets to the wind crazy.

Edit: To be honest it occurred to me, but I concluded that there are worse ways to die and I like my life as it is.

Which only reaffirms my previous statement

Last edited by Spoons; 11-23-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
There is a way to know, and that's trying it, which I did. I'm not dead and I haven't gone crazy, seems to be normal weed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Louie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
When you're to the point that you are doing drugs that you just find laying on the ground (literally!), then it is time for help. Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhogday View Post
I was drinking with a buddy and his buddy one night. Smoked a little bit with them, like maybe four drags. Wound up puking in a ditch. I seriously thought I waa gonna die. Puking, then dry heaves, vertigo, racing heart. My buddy supposedly found out after the fact that it was laced with cocaine. Don't know if that was true, or if him not knowing was true. But I never smoked weed again.
^^^ALL THAT^^^

When I was a kid, one of my friends had this shit that he said was "unbelievable". Yeah, it was unbelievable all right.
We hit a SMALL bowl of WHATEVER the fuck that shit was. It most DEFINITELY was laced with SOMETHING.

I stood up after hitting that bowl a few times, and KNEW something was wrong. I went unconscious, and came to on his front lawn. I have NO idea how I got there.

I continued going in and out of consciousness at least 4 or 5 times (but was somehow functioning when I was unconscious... when I'd come to, I was in a different place then when I'd go "out").

During one of the "conscious points", I desperately BEGGED one of my friends to throw some water in my face cause I NEEDED to straighten up from whatever that was. It was like someone was switching my brain on and off, but I was still doing "SOMETHING" (I have NO idea what) when it was off.

There's not much in life that scares me, but THAT scared the living shit out of me.
I still have NO idea what I smoked, but I have ZERO doubt that I could have easily died that night.

You're not dead yet? You're "three sheets to the wind crazy"?? Congrats on that.

Dude, fucking weed isnt THAT expensive that you need to find out that its NOT fucked with by smoking it, cause if that shit had been laced with a hard cut of smack or bath salts you probably wouldnt be reading this (and no, you would NOT necessarily have known that... that shit can be liquefied and sprayed on).

Do whatever you want, but smoking shit you're finding on the ground in a PARKING LOT??
Might not be the best idea you've ever had.

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??

Last edited by St.Fill; 12-07-2017 at 05:17 AM.
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Smile Know You Weedies

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post

When I was a kid, .............
I still have NO idea what I smoked, but I have ZERO doubt that I could have easily died that night.
Where in this country did this occur ? I'm betting midwest .

It boils down to this IMHO - your friend and you didn't know what you were smoking , that was your big mistake .
Commonsense says you don't put things into your body unless you are 100% sure of what it is .

Not really your fault either when you consider you got ZERO help from any credible source to understand what
the herb is all about to make a rationally safe assessment about what you were about to consume .

The fact remains no one has ever died from smoking just marijuana - ever - it's a historical fact . It's also a fact that
it's pretty easy to see if something is [ " laced " ] and stay away from . There was many a day I said :

- [ " Nope - I'm not buying this " ] -

and walked away with out any problem .

After smoking it 53 years , I know only a few wild stories about some one loosing it on marijuana , puking and
getting so messed up they thought they were dying . On the other hand I know 10's of thousands who have
no negative issues with it at all after years of use except from those who would hassle them over using it .

Relax , it's just a little weed not fatal like alcohol , tobacco , heroine , cocaine or meth .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
Where in this country did this occur ? I'm betting midwest
Nope. Manhattan. I dont know if its before you joined the forum, but my forum handle used to be FillmoreNYC... I lived in NYC most of my life. I moved to St. Augustine, hence the new forum handle, St. Fill (PS- Dont get the wrong idea... Im no saint ).
Quote:
It boils down to this IMHO - your friend and you didn't know what you were smoking , that was your big mistake .
Commonsense says you don't put things into your body unless you are 100% sure of what it is .
You're right... we didnt know what we were smoking, but unless you grow it yourself, or a friend is growing it, no one knows what what they're getting. What was used for fertilizer? Was it sprayed with some sort of pest repellent while it was growing? Did someone add something to it to enhance its strength? There was a time when I didnt consider that sort of thing. Times change.
I dont want to find out any of that (the hard way, like I once did) by incinerating it and inhaling it.

Quote:
The fact remains no one has ever died from smoking just marijuana - ever - it's a historical fact .
I've heard that 'historical fact' before, Ramon. A fact I CAN tell you about is what happend to a friend I worked with that went with a few other co-workers to an OTB after work (just in case you didnt know, "an "OTB" is "Off Track Betting"... an off-site place where folks can bet on horse racing).

Anyway, they blew a couple of joints outside and went in. My friend dropped dead standing on the line inside OTB about 10 minutes after smoking.

Not saying that he may not have had a pre-existing undetected condition... I dont know if he did or didnt, but depending on what a person is smoking, it can jack up a persons blood pressure**.

(**If you doubt the part about the blood pressure, try it for yourself. I havent touched mj for well over 20 years, but I tried that little experiment many years ago.
I've always been athletic... my bp typically runs around 110/70 or so. I checked it at one of those drug store bp machines and it was right around there.
I went out, blew a joint (ordinary mj... nothing special) and checked it again. It was something like 160/110... another "holy shit" moment, ESPECIALLY now, since my 46 year old sister had a stroke with bp just a bit higher than that).

I do understand that everyones physiology is different... my genetics are mine alone, so what happens to me might not happen to someone else.

Of course, the speculation is, would my friend have died if he didnt smoke??
If he had a pre-existing condition? Most likely he would have.
If he didnt have a condition, and his bp went up to an unsafe level, then maybe he would be alive today.
With sincere respect, Ramon, I just dont buy that mj has never caused a death.
At least for me, its pretty difficult to ignore the timeline between him smoking and him dying, pre-existing condition or not.

Anyway, Im not trying to judge... I hope its not coming off that way. Everyone here is an adult, and can do what they want. Im just saying that (for me, at least) life is busy enough, has its stresses, and at the moment, is good enough (thank God) that mj serves no purpose for me anymore. It did at one time, but I've had my share of 'experiences' with it, and its usefulness to me is gone.
Quote:
Relax , it's just a little weed not fatal like alcohol , tobacco , heroine , cocaine or meth .
Yep. Im very relaxed. If mj makes you (or anyone else) relaxed, have at it, friend.

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #7
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Coincidence... I found 3 ea/ full eights bags on Wednesday in my parking spaces behind my building. Unfortunately, they were a wet mess and had been run over many times.. Somebody was probably really bummed....
Old 11-25-2017, 05:29 AM   #8
Hurricane Ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post
Coincidence... I found 3 ea/ full eights bags on Wednesday in my parking spaces behind my building. Unfortunately, they were a wet mess and had been run over many times.. Somebody was probably really bummed....

Only three eights ? On Oahu - is there a shortage there heh heh heh .

EZ Bra

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Old 11-26-2017, 04:43 AM   #9
Big John

Big John Just getting started Big John Just getting started

When you're to the point that you are doing drugs that you just find laying on the ground (literally!), then it is time for help. Please.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:22 AM   #10
Hurricane Ramon

I lost a whole kilo once