Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 02-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #11
watson503
Up The Irons !!!

watson503 Just getting started watson503 Just getting started

Speaking of best bang for your buck, Sam Ash has been blowing-out their Charvel So-Cal's to make some room for the new models - these have been on sale since @ NAMM and they've only got the yellow one left at this price, but $649 for a brand-new Pro Mod is a damn good deal.

https://www.samash.com/pro-mod-so-ca...romodsc12hfr-p
watson503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #12
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I've got guitars from at least 7 different makers. My favorite is not my most expensive, however that PRS is a work of art in it's construction and fit and overall playability and response. My others, I've MADE them into competent and outstanding players by simple set ups and most importantly to me, bone nuts, that changed the character of all of them, even the PRS.

I'm through buying, unless something is so outstanding and so playable that I cannot refuse yet another. My Fenders are where I want them, and the rest are too. It sucks being 70 and realizing that you've outgrown GAS and still have a vibrant interest in the art of playing but not in the art of acquiring..
Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #13
wilson

wilson Just getting started

I've recently purchased two PRS SE models . GREAT VALUE FOR SURE . I'm still am in awe of my PRS SE2 Custom semi-hollow body . It's an absolute joy to play & the 85/15 pups are perfect for me . I would highly recommend the SE line of guitars .
Old 02-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #14
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Just to be clear, these are the Standard line of PRS guitars.

I love the Classic Vibe guitars too, especially being a Fender fanboy. But PRS simply makes quality guitars across all their models.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #15
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Nothing beats used in bang for the buck. Any new guitar loses 30-50% of its value the minute you walk out the door.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:41 PM   #16
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith357 View Post
Nothing beats used in bang for the buck. Any new guitar loses 30-50% of its value the minute you walk out the door.
I don't know. Maybe me, but like used cars, sometimes you are buying others troubles.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:07 PM   #17
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

i think Ebay is full of used but like new guitars. I've never had any surprises. i can imagine pawn shops guitars could be a different story altogether. Guitars just aren't the complicated as long as you don't buy one that is just worn out.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote