Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 05-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #11
Smedley Fingers

Smedley Fingers Just getting started Smedley Fingers Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPanthere View Post
That's exactly the answer you'll find everywhere on the web if you search for ''what model is Jess Greenbergs guitar'' well, in the beginning she had 30'000 views and still has on the old vids, since using tanktop and bongos she's at 2M5 views - so is it because from one day to another she got so much better, or do we guys really use the wrong brain?
I don't care, showing cleavage is rock and roll as far as I'm concerned. She's a babe. The only evidence of what guitar she plays is the inlay design and I haven't seen one like it yet.
Smedley Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #12
Mikej2

Mikej2 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Fingers View Post
I do it all the time. I remember watching James Taylor on Guitar Center and I didn't recognize the guitar and went so far as to look up guitar Logos to figure out what he was playing.

I have always wondered what kind of acoustic jess Greenberg is playing. I still haven't figured it out.
Do a search for Ibanez Monkey Pod and you should see the infinity symbol that is on at least her cut away acoustic guitar. I tried zooming in on the soundhole of her other acoustic to see if I could make out the label but the images fuzzed out so I couldn't see who made it. Most of her videos seem to be zoomed in to where the headstock is just out of view.
Mikej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #13
Smedley Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej2 View Post
Do a search for Ibanez Monkey Pod and you should see the infinity symbol that is on at least her cut away acoustic guitar. I tried zooming in on the soundhole of her other acoustic to see if I could make out the label but the images fuzzed out so I couldn't see who made it. Most of her videos seem to be zoomed in to where the headstock is just out of view.
"Ibanez Monkey Pod' Holy crap Mike, you just solved the mystery. I guess you understand how this can become obsessive...Thanks bro.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #14
Mikej2

Mikej2 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Fingers View Post
"Ibanez Monkey Pod' Holy crap Mike, you just solved the mystery. I guess you understand how this can become obsessive...Thanks bro.
No problem, being cursed with a natural curiosity keeps my mind active (and my wallet empty).
Mikej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #15
Losov

Losov Just getting started

Absolutely, particularly when I'm watching the Jools Holland show on MTV Live.

What intrigues me the most is how many of the acts are adding instruments not in evidence on stage. I know they are supposed to play live on this show, but I guess that doesn't preclude the use of tracks, loops sequencers etc.

The other thing I've noticed is many players using instruments that were made before they were born, and not always top of the line stuff either. I saw a guy playing a Hagstrom III, which was my first electric.
Losov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #16
Smedley Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losov View Post
Absolutely, particularly when I'm watching the Jools Holland show on MTV Live.

What intrigues me the most is how many of the acts are adding instruments not in evidence on stage. I know they are supposed to play live on this show, but I guess that doesn't preclude the use of tracks, loops sequencers etc.

The other thing I've noticed is many players using instruments that were made before they were born, and not always top of the line stuff either. I saw a guy playing a Hagstrom III, which was my first electric.
I am encouraged when I see musicians playing instruments 'Regular people" play. I saw a guy on the Grammy's playing an Epiphone and thought it was great.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
Sojourner66

Sojourner66 Just getting started

I always try to see what the setup is for guitarists, ie. effects, and what type of guitar they're using. Been watching a some old Beatle videos like in Let It Be. I could have sworn George or John was playing a Hagstrom at one point as it had a bunch of those slide switches on the body.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #18
jgln

jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
This is from a Malmsteen concert around here just a few days ago. They aren't even trying to pretend that this stuff is hooked up...there are way more heads than speaker cabinets!!

What??? I bet he sets them all to 10 too...
jgln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #19
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgln View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it looks kinda silly and lame??
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #20
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgln View Post
10!?!?! I'm sure his go to 11!

It's about one of the most ridiculous stage setups I've ever seen. Stacks of speaker cabs make sense, but random stacks of amp heads and cabs...it's like they didn't even care. It looks like an overstock sale or something .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote