Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Recording & Software

Old 05-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
know-dem-scales

know-dem-scales Just getting started
Default Questions About Soundcloud

I know I can get this on my smartphone. How do I get it on my PC? How do I go about putting a link on here for you all to check out? Are you all using Soundcloud or Soundcloud Pulse? Also, whatever version you all are using, does it cost?

Confused.

Thanks.
know-dem-scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by know-dem-scales View Post
I know I can get this on my smartphone. How do I get it on my PC? How do I go about putting a link on here for you all to check out? Are you all using Soundcloud or Soundcloud Pulse? Also, whatever version you all are using, does it cost?

Confused.

Thanks.
I use soundcloud, it's free. There is a deluxe version that is not free but the free one is all I need. Just create an account & then you will be able to upload you music & provide links for us to listen
Aly
Old 05-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
know-dem-scales

So, is Soundcloud and Soundcloud Pulse the same thing? I was going to record with my smartphone and if I do that, will it also be on the website where I can post it here?

Last edited by know-dem-scales; 05-05-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Looks like you need a soundcloud account to use pulse which is just the smart phone version of soundcloud.

Once you do that, you should be good to go.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
know-dem-scales

I might be way out of the loop here, but I have no idea how to use Soundcloud. I am on the app and the site. I am seeing where I can play other people's music. Do I need the equipment to record myself and then upload it? Like real recording equipment? I thought I would just play into the recorder on my phone's mic.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
LaPanthere

LaPanthere Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by know-dem-scales View Post
I might be way out of the loop here, but I have no idea how to use Soundcloud. I am on the app and the site. I am seeing where I can play other people's music. Do I need the equipment to record myself and then upload it? Like real recording equipment? I thought I would just play into the recorder on my phone's mic.

Any suggestions?
I don't think you can RECORD on Soundcloud, it's rather a site for stockage and sharing your music. At least on my SC-Account i can just upload files (mp3, wma, wav etc) and then get the different links to share it on Forums, Emails etc.

But if you want to record without big hassle use a free tool like Audacity, save as mp3 then upload it to Soundcloud to share.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #7
know-dem-scales

I used my voice memo on my iPhone. Quick solution. Might not be the best. For now though.

Thanks.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #8
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Record with your phone & then upload to soundcloud. You have to create an account before you can do anything.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #9
know-dem-scales

Yeah I did that. I put my riff on the other forum. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
belleswell

belleswell Just getting started

If your using your pc, then it's simply a matter of registering a user name and password for a free account. Uploading your music to soundcloud is another story. Audacity is a free recording app that allows multiple track recordings. Another one, and one I still use almost 10 years after first getting it, is Reaper. It's free the first couple months, and then if you like it, you can spend $60 US for a non-commercial license. It is a great program, user friendly, and can make recording in a digital world fairly easy. Once you have finished a recording on the daw of choice, (digital audio workstation), it can then be uploaded to soundcloud where you will then be able to post links and share your music with others. There are many different daw programs one can use on ones pc to record. I have tried many of them, and have found that Reaper is still my fave.
Jeff
belleswell is offline   Reply With Quote