Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 12-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #11
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
Yeah I normally have it first and that was a concern.
My volume pedal is an old thing without the tuner out option. I am really trying to justify having to buy another one lol.

The volume pedal at the end of my chain is a must as I can mix my sound and have total control of the level without affecting gain with this set up.

I would recommend it. That said I am not using an amp for drive or distortion. Any amp I used before I always had on the cleanest setting possible.

Every set up has it's pros and cons I suppose
Thanks for your help guys
Well, the tuner out would help, just saying, lol!! And where does the trombone go in the chain??
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:14 AM   #12
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
Well, the tuner out would help, just saying, lol!! And where does the trombone go in the chain??
Yes I know and thank you for your help . I was gigging locally on Saturday and every other person was laughing doing trombone impressions. It's good to laugh
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:37 PM   #13
Big John

Big John Just getting started Big John Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
Yeah I normally have it first and that was a concern.
My volume pedal is an old thing without the tuner out option. I am really trying to justify having to buy another one lol.

The volume pedal at the end of my chain is a must as I can mix my sound and have total control of the level without affecting gain with this set up.
Well, how about use your current setup/order (i.e. guitar > tuner > effects > volume) but just use the "bypass" jack (or similarly labeled function) on the tuner? This would enable you to have the tuner on all the time and still silently tune as needed by adjusting the volume pedal.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #14
Abo

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
Well, how about use your current setup/order (i.e. guitar > tuner > effects > volume) but just use the "bypass" jack (or similarly labeled function) on the tuner? This would enable you to have the tuner on all the time and still silently tune as needed by adjusting the volume pedal.
Because the tuner I have only has a mute out
Old 12-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #15
Big John

Big John Just getting started Big John Just getting started

Sounds like you need a stage tuner with a bypass, e.g. TU-3, Polytune, etc.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:43 AM   #16
OzInventions

OzInventions Just getting started

An active volume pedal would stop the tone sucking. perhaps the Ernie Ball MVP6182.

Mission engineering VM-1 Aero has a 'no tone suck' feature, and so does the VM-1.
Lehle Mono volume 90 has a buffered tuner out.
OzInventions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #17
Abo

So I was gigging last night and also tonight and last night my current volume pedal gives up the ghost.
At a gig I am constantly on the volume pedal mixing my sound on it and when the VP went south I missed it more than any other pedal.
Thankfully an end of gig Facebook appeal I have got a loaner for this evening !
After last night I would rather have a bit of tone suck than no control because that's what it felt like. With the VP and a boost I am used to sooo much headroom and flexibility I hated it when that went down.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #18
Abo

Brought it home a couple of pedal movements and it works fine I can now have my tuner on all the time to help tuning on the fly . Ideal
Old 01-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #19
Abo

I was quite surprised at how much just changing the volume pedal changed the sound. Easily fixed with a tweak of the eq .

I don't know if my old pedal was to blame but the sound was much fuller. All good and the tuning on the fly is great