Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 09-22-2016, 02:31 AM   #21
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesr1963 View Post
Couple things that slow my participation here is the difficulty in posting pictures and Youtube video. Other boards I like and have been with a long time you can copy and post photos and post the link to a Youtube video and a screen appears when posted.
We have that here. You use the youtube icon at the right hand side of the menu and then post everything from youtube after the =. Then the youtube video shows up in your post. Is that what you mean?

This is the link bracket:

This is what you post from the link in the middle:

x2IFZGMw4ok

You get this:

Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:32 AM   #22
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

I seem to see a lot of the same small group of regulars that were here when I signed up so many years ago... The pit? Meh, doesn't make much difference to me. Different people will have different opinions, and that's how the world will always be. There are folks on this forum who have drastically differing opinions than I do, and you know what? I still really like them and respect them as people. Nothing worth getting the panties in a bunch over any of it.

Generally, I lurk more than I post, but primarily that's because my musical tastes are far different than most everyone here. If I step away for a week or three, it's because I'm busy with other stuff. I come back because I really like you folks.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:34 AM   #23
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

I have been here a long time as well. Once thing for sure, the collaborations and jams are really happening. We have expert players offering outstanding advice, so really its all good. Things ebb and flow, ya know
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:35 AM   #24
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
I have been here a long time as well. Once thing for sure, the collaborations and jams are really happening. We have expert players offering outstanding advice, so really its all good. Things ebb and flow, ya know
Like the tide?
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:35 AM   #25
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Like the tide?
That's it
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:44 AM   #26
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

I've been reading through every post here that has been referenced to the Mosh Pit, and it was my idea to ask to have it implemented on a trial basis.

I have made a big mistake by letting that subsection go as long as it has from what I have been seeing in there, so I'm going to delete the Mosh Pit and get back to the basics of what the forum was based on without the political, religious aspect.

Yes, Slim, "Jesus", as you insulting refer to me, has made a huge mistake, so I'm going to correct it.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:53 AM   #27
Gull14
milspec6

Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Most forums slow down at times each year. I belong to a few industry related ones and they can be almost dead at times, but then turn busy during the winter when everyone is stuck inside with nothing to do.

The Mosh pit? I liked it at first and found it rather interesting and intelligent for the most part, but it has soured me from returning to it. Sometimes, a simple question gets gang-tackled and just turns annoying. I stopped visiting that section as well.

I do agree with a comment made earlier that part of the problem was the difficulty in posting photos and video links. Most forums that I have visited had hosting built in so there was no need for extras like Photobucket, which I don't use. The YouTube button never works for me and only gives a big square blank where the video should be, even though it shows up on the preview page. I just post the URL link now instead, which includes all the ads and crap.

I think adding hosting to the site so that photos are easy to attach would add a LOT of color to the site and boost interest. Nobody wants to read about someone's new instrument, they want to see it. That would get us back to talking guitars in a hurry.

Oh, and Mr. Boston was an excellent choice for new Moderator....thanks for accepting the task.
Gull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:56 AM   #28
Gull14
milspec6

Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I've been reading through everybody that has posted about the Mosh Pit, and it was my idea to ask to have it implemented on a trial basis.

I have made a big mistake by letting that subsection go as long as it has from what I have been seeing in there, so I'm going to delete the Mosh Pit and get back to the basics of what the forum was based on without the political, religious aspect.

Yes, Slim, "Jesus", as you insulting refer to me, has made a huge mistake, so I'm going to correct it.
It was not a big mistake Keith. Most posts tend to be about a sentence in other areas while we got pages in the Mosh pit. It let people air out their opinions, but it has become a distraction, so ending it would be best.
Gull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:05 AM   #29
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

I understand, Gull. The bickering, the insults, it's not worth it for a guitar forum.

We have lost quite a few valued members over the last few years and that could be due to a number of reasons. If the Mosh Pit was a part of it, all the better that it's now removed.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:08 AM   #30
Mikesr1963
Banned

Mikesr1963 Just getting started

No. What I was referring to doesn't involve a Youtube icon. You copy the YT address then paste it and hit submit reply and it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
We have that here. You use the youtube icon at the right hand side of the menu and then post everything from youtube after the =. Then the youtube video shows up in your post. Is that what you mean?

This is the link bracket:

This is what you post from the link in the middle:

x2IFZGMw4ok

You get this:

Mikesr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote