Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 09-21-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out
Default Why The Lack Of Interest

It appears to me by some of the posts & from some private conversations & by the general attitude/vibe around here that interest is lacking. What's going on? Why is this happening? What changed? How can we fix this?

Lots of people are visiting less frequently & disappearing for longer periods. Most of the new people don't stick around much beyond their "introduce yourself post". Is it the Mosh Pit? Is it the lack of mods/admins & the search for new ones. Is it just that time of the year?

I have only been here a little over a year so I don't know the history. Is this common for a lull & disenchantment to happen every so often on this & other forums. Are we bored with other? Do I have to post nude pictures Believe me, you would not want to see that!

Seriously, what's going on? I cried big tears when my last forum went kafluey, I hope this one is not headed in that direction.

I want to hear some honest theories & ideas for revitalization !

Should I run for office?
Old 09-21-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

It happens on most forums, so not to worry. It can also be seasonal, people have stuff to do that limits internet on some months.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:24 AM   #3
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
It appears to me by some of the posts & from some private conversations & by the general attitude/vibe around here that interest is lacking. What's going on? Why is this happening? What changed? How can we fix this?

Lots of people are visiting less frequently & disappearing for longer periods. Most of the new people don't stick around much beyond their "introduce yourself post". Is it the Mosh Pit? Is it the lack of mods/admins & the search for new ones. Is it just that time of the year?

I have only been here a little over a year so I don't know the history. Is this common for a lull & disenchantment to happen every so often on this & other forums. Are we bored with other? Do I have to post nude pictures Believe me, you would not want to see that!

Seriously, what's going on? I cried big tears when my last forum went kafluey, I hope this one is not headed in that direction.

I want to hear some honest theories & ideas for revitalization !

Should I run for office?
My opinion is the mosh pit has caused many members to leave this place even though no one has to read what is posted there. Think of it like this. Anything goes and anything can be said or implied. You can be told to go fuck yourself. If you are republican you can be told that you and your party sucks and the same if you are a democrat. If you like Trump or Hilary or hate either of them the same thing applies. If you are for gun control and someone is not then it gets heated. The list goes on and on. People have been banned from this forum from conversations that take place in the mosh pit. Am I wrong? It's like this Aly, let's make up a scenario. You believe in A and you support it strongly and then someone else believe in B which is the opposite of A. After 20 posts going back and forth and nastiness and negativity and on and on and on are you going to want to do a collab with that person? Probably not. I have no problem with those discussions but there are forums on the internet for such things. Those forums are not guitar communities where the object is to learn to help and to grow. Probably half of you think I am full of shit but it's just my honest opinion. If we were in the mosh pit you could tell me to go fuck myself!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 AM   #4
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

I agree, conversations in the pit usually ( but not always) turn into a right fight, with no one really listening to the views of others.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:59 AM   #5
phingerboard
Dung Foo Master

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Forums have been slowing down and are on verge of obsolescence. I've been a member of many over the years and most of them have either died down or closed down. Even vBulletin forum - the forum about forums - has been pretty quiet over the past couple of years. Facebook is probably the biggest factor; most online social interaction has shifted over to FB. Chatrooms used to be huge too, but they're practically extinct now.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:01 AM   #6
phingerboard
Dung Foo Master

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
If we were in the mosh pit you could tell me to go fuck myself!
3... 2... 1...
Old 09-22-2016, 01:03 AM   #7
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by phingerboard View Post
3... 2... 1...
From you, it would not be personal
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:16 AM   #8
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
I can speak for myself: I disappeared for a while because my posts were being censored, altered, or outright deleted...just because I'm an opinionated SOB with a big mouth. And despite the fact that I pointedly make an effort to post within forum guidelines (no personal attacks, name-calling, yada).
Now I'm back because I have nothing else to do in life, because Shania ignores me and Katy Perry won't return my phone calls.
Quote:
Do I have to post nude pictures
Go fer it. We can take it.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:18 AM   #9
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

This place was borderline dead before you joined, Aly.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:24 AM   #10
Mikesr1963
Banned

Mikesr1963 Just getting started

The mosh pit here ain't shit. I spent 5 years, 2002 to 2007 in the Guitar Jam. There was no mercy. The great thing about forums is I don't have to sleep with anyone here. Plus this isn't my main forum. This is about 5th on the list. One I've been part of for 14 years another 7 years and another for 8 years. I've tried the Mosh pit a couple times but there are to many who are there to simply one up you and I end up kicking them in the balls and walking off.
Mikesr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote