Thread: Single coil hum
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

If it isn't a major hassle, I might look under the hood, to see if there a similar ground wire, like on my telly. Actually, unless it drove me absolutely crazy, I'd do nothing, because I'm lazy. My MiM strat was humming like crazy for a coupla years, probably from the sucky soldering I did. Finally, when I decided to check the output jack. I could see the tip touching the cable properly, so I just bent it in. The humming went away.

You try a different cable (even though the new U2s seem inherently noisy from what I read)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
One thing I always notice about these shielding articles is that either in the article or in the follow-up comments it's mentioned that there is still hum but it's just a little better.

That kind of reminds me of tonewood debates. "Admittedly the tonewood doesn't make a big difference but I can tell the difference"
LOL. I do think shielding helps, but none of my single coils are that noisy. My CV telly hums a bit, again, because of the shit soldering job I did. When I touch it, most of it goes away. I've been meaning to resolder the whole damn thing, but again, I'm lazy haha.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote